Pages

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Love You This Much




Hello Fresh Squeezed fans!  Katie here with a Saturday double-header, two sweet cards for the little loves in your life!  I'm still thinking about Valentine's Day and this time I wanted to create a card that would work for the kids.   I hit upon a design that will work well for both boys and girls by just swapping out some colors and patterns.

Since I have daughters, I started first with the girly palette.  I was inspired by the "I Love You This Much" sentiment from Love Signs and in thinking about things that are vast, (to represent a large amount of love), I hit upon the idea of the ocean and combined a few of my favorite FSS stamps to create this scene.



First, I stamped the sentiment from Love Signs and the whale from Breath of Fresh Flair on a white cardstock.  I masked the whale and used the scallop border stamp from Background Check to create the water and waves.  Lastly, I stamped and masked the cloud and sun from Weather Through.  I rounded the corners and adhered the stamped panel to a pink cardstock base that I covered with some fun polka dot patterned paper.


By swapping out some ink colors and the patterned paper, here's the same card in a more boy-friendly color scheme.  I think this one will go to my nephews.

                        Breath of Fresh Flair                           Background Check

                               Love Signs                                   Weather Through


That's all for me today! Thanks so much for stopping by!  -Katie